Friday, May 22, 2015

Lost Another Young Person

I plan to keep this short and to the point.  I saw in the news that a young man in Robinson, TX chose a permanent solution to what was troubling him.  His name was Johnny Rogers, and he completed suicide in the student parking lot of Rogers High School on May 20, 2015.  It is sad that this has happened. This makes the 7th student suicide in Texas this year that I am aware of.  Seven young lives lost to never fulfill their potential.

Why does this continue to happen?  I wish there was a succint answer to this question, but there isn't.  For my son, it was a combination of bullying and mental illness.  I cannot, and will not speak for the others.  That is not my call.  I know that each has a story to tell, and I truly hope that others will not silence their stories.  If we continue to stifle these stories, then the epidemic will continue.

God bless Johnny, Peyton and the others.  I hope that their pain is gone, and you are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment